Since President Donald Trump took office, tensions with North Korea have continued to escalate.
In August, Trump said that if North Korea made any more threats against the U.S. it would be met with “fire and fury like the world has never seen.”
Still, North Korea tested an ICBM that experts said was capable of reaching some parts of the U.S.
The president followed in September at the United Nations with a stronger choice of words.
“The US has great strength and patience. If it is forced to defend ourselves or our allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea.”
Sanctions were placed on North Korea, too. But that hasn’t stopped the East Asian nation from moving forward with its programs or threats.
In fact, according to the Guardian, North Korea hacked South Korea and the U.S.’s war plans.
And its foreign minister, Ri Yong Ho, just issued a major statement against Trump, and it indicates that North Korea doesn’t want to talk at all.
According to Reuters:
U.S. President Donald Trump has “lit the wick of war” with North Korea, Russia’s TASS news agency quoted North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho as saying on Wednesday.
“With his bellicose and insane statement at the United Nations, Trump, you can say, has lit the wick of a war against us,” TASS quoted Ri as saying. “We need to settle the final score, only with a hail of fire, not words.”
U.S. bombers are continually flying around the Korean Peninsula at this time of heightened tensions. So far, there hasn’t been a statement from Trump about North Korea’s latest and ugliest threat.